01-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #408
1M
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2002Turbo, M3, M5, 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollysmac View Post
Thank you for finding information on those cars. I am VP75913 Valencia 3/11. I have been trying to find out if those were pre-production cars. My dealer looked them up and there was no record of them being registered. So, it looks like I am the lowest production # in the country since production was started in March and all before it were produced before the official production date for the US. It doesn't mean anything really but it is kind of neat. Do you know where those 3 ended up?
MY car was one the BMW gave to my dealer before they got their allocations. They knew I was going to order Valencia so they called me and offered it to me April 19th . After that I had to wait until the official launch date in May to actually get the car.

Holly
VP75913 is indeed the very first customer production car for North America, production date 17FEB11. VP75914 has been produced on the same day and is also believed to be a normal production car. Next one, VP75915, is a press car produced on March 7th.

VP75910, VP75911 and VP75912 being pre-production development cars, it’s unsure if those three have ever been shipped to the US.

Just noticed that you are missing the very first US car on your register, WBSUR9C55BVP75900, BSM produced on September 23rd 2010.
Unsure if the car has been shipped to the US, I doubt.
Next one, VP75901 has been produced on October 27th.

Also missing from your register: color of VP75906 is Valencia.

All the above information is believed to be accurate but "pre-production" cars are always a bit special.
Hope it helps, keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0