View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Lightbulb Need Help: Best Axle Back!!

Hi guys, so here is the story. Maybe some of you realize that I have posted quite a lot of thread about axle back exhaust for my N55 E82 135i. I'm doing the research for axle back since two months ago and now it's getting more complicated as I find more pros and cons of certain exhaust brands. Whether how it sounds, the price, fitment or whatsoever. Here I really need your thought and opinion about where should I go or which one should I choose base on your reasoning.

So basically I don't really want to swap my mid pipe with aftermarket one or in other words I will keep my N55 mid pipe. Some people said for certain brands I have to change the mid as well to produces wonderful sound but some brands are not required to because the axle back itself sounds wonderful. Many brands were in my mind before I was doing the research, but now it's keep to three options, which are Meisterschaft, Eisenmann, and BMW Performance Exhaust.

Previously,I chose Meisterschaft Sus GT but many people said I have to change the mid as well because it sounds just okay using my stock mid and from there I went to Eisenmann Race that would be plus minus cost the same if I decide to buy a mid pipe along with Meisterschaft Sus-GT. The last option just came out of my mind after some members mention it to me that BMW Performance Exhaust sounds really great when combine with PPK, but I have no idea about the truth.

For your information, my commute will be around the city. During weekend I might go farther to enjoy the car itself but mostly stop n go. Personally, I preferred deep sound in low rpm and okay sound during high rpm. I know in terms of drone both Meisterschaft and Eisenmann are not the best choice but I can live with medium amount of drone since usually I turn on the radio every time I enter the car. Also, most important will be perfect fitment with stock diffuser since I plan to do mod on the diffuser later on but not now.

Tell me what do you think guys. Appreciate any inputs. Let me know what do you think on those brands and give me your reason why do you choose or why I shouldn't go with that brand. You might as well recommend other brand guys. Thanks a lot!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0