04-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
That sucks man, kinda weird the instructions are for the 3series since their development car was a 135 (if I'm not mistaken). I was looking at this as an option, but this is tough to swallow.
I'm not sure what the instructions are for. But they mention fog lights (which I didn't think any US 135i has) and they don't mention the horn bracket or washer nozzles. Not huge issues, but just annoying if you can't plan for it.

And the horn bracket is riveted on with the rivet being very hard to reach without a drill bit extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
What did ER have to say about this? Did you contact them?
They sent me the missing bracket (I had to pay shipping since I ordered the kit a while ago). And gave me a few comments on the install. But they boil down to "loosen the cooler screws and adjust to make it fit".

Two problems with that advice:
1. The screws are nearly impossible to loosen (since you can't hold a wrench on the other side.
2. I think the problems are a lot bigger than a little adjustment...

But, ER has been responsive. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I'm on a business trip right now and won't be able to install the bracket until Saturday.

Hope things will go better then.
I shelled out a lot of money for this kit and it's been a massive disappointment so far.
Appreciate 0