View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #14
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

As for cities to avoid, it just depends when your hitting them. If you are approaching a major city and it is near the common rush hour times, try to take the bypass.

Jacksonville comes to mind as one of the worse ones. I usually take 295 around Jax no matter what since they have been doing construction on I95 in jax for about 20 years, so theres almost always a bottle neck somewhere. 295 is almost always smooth sailing.

In GA and NC you will hit stand still traffic, just about no matter what time you are driving. There is a stretch of construction that just seems to move up and down I95 in these states, and has always been that way. Nothing you can do really to avoid it, but just so you know what it is if/when you hit it.

In order to use the V1 effectively, find a "rabbit" to chase. POP radar has become very very common. The troopers like to hide in the median of I95 in the emergency turn arounds completely concealed by trees. If you have someone a few hundred yards in front of you and they get hit with the POP radar you will get the early alert. If no one in front of you, then you will get hit with it with no warning.

I cant count how many times I have driven up and down the 95 corridor. Its not that bad, can be boring at times, but usually is uneventful. I usually drive stright through (Richmond, VA- Key West, FL) pack the tunes, and if you get tired start listening to either some abnoxious house/techno music, or I find that funny talk shows usually keep my concentration.

Enjoy the ride man.

Also, as always, I highly recommend a AAA membership. They have helped me out so many times its not even funny.
Appreciate 0