View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

I use a leaf blower and follow it up with a micro fibre drying towel. I barely have to use the towel after the leaf blower so it has been a good choice. I am not a fan of pressure washers. I have a Karcher elelctric with the soap tank and I used to use it. One of my coworkers also swore by his pressure washer. Then he noticed his hood on his Porsche Boxster started to look a little sand blasted. He was always very careful and rinsed it off first, then did a soak with the soap and then did the high pressure washing. He took it to a body shop and had to get the hood and two quarter panels painted. The guy at the body shop looked at his hood for less then a minutes and said "you have been pressure washing this car". He figures just a little road dirt or sand is on the paint and you push it intot he paint under high pressure...hense it loks like you sand blasted it. The guy at the body shop said he sees this several times a year. Alsways people with nice cars trying to keep the paint swirl free and they screw it up with a pressure washer. BE CAREFUL!!!! My Friend is a very particular car guy and keeps his car in great shape. He swears he was ultra careful but he still screwed up his paint.
Appreciate 0