View Single Post
      07-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #24
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

OP.... please add IND to the cosmetic modification section. They have color matched my grills and side markers.

http://parts.ind-distribution.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Interesting read. Still only seems to be a net 25HP gain though with fluctuating numbers in the engine since it wasn't specifically designed for the 1M like the other BETA tunes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Why do all these tunes advertise much higher, but with the 15% loss still doesn't seem to add up? Am I missing something?

Seems as though the stock 135i gets a huge benefit from tunes (80-100hp) rather than the 20-30hp benefits from the 1M tunes?
You have to understand that the 1M had a serious tune on it from the factory. The rated hp on the stock 1M is 335hp, but my 1M dyno'd at 315hp at the wheels. This would mean roughly a 6% loss in drivetrain which is most likely not realistic. That being said the dyno on a stock 135 will be less than 300hp, so when you add 80-100hp from a tune then the new dyno numbers should put you very close to the same numbers for the 1M tune.

All that said, the 1M is a fricken blast to drive and with a tune it is even more fun!

GTS

Last edited by biglare; 07-21-2011 at 03:51 AM..
Appreciate 0