10-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
fatjoez,

Are you receiving errors for both headlights or one?

It's obvious that my right headlight is working properly, but my left one is just having problems like none other. I think it's the ballast, because the error switched over to the right after I switched it out (huge pain in the ass and waste of time, btw). I also touched the glass bulb trying to finagle it out of the headlight system, will this affect its longevity?

Finger oil does decrease bulb lifespan. The reason is the oil heats up with the bulb and degrades the glass surface, causing premature failure. What you can do is use a clean...emphasis on clean, tissue to try to remove the oil or grime and prevent degradation.

This definitely sounds like a ballast/igniter issue. If you swap these units and the problem switches sides, then you were sent a faulty ballast and we owe you a replacement. Contact us if this is the case and we'll replace it.

I think I'm going to buy some MTECs (I should have done this in the first place, although 'illegal') -- at least then I know I would have had a quality product with no stupid errors or roll-of-dice chance that the light will fire up.

In total, I have wasted a lot of money due to a bad product... Next time, I will go with my instincts instead of trusting those who sell snake oil. Furthermore, I'm going to inform everyone I possibly can about Jlevisw.

Now that I'm a bit fired up (unlike my left HID bulb), let me say that Jlevi has consistently messed up my previous orders.

-LED light kit order was messed up. I didn't have enough lights for my car. Jlevi eventually sent the missing lights to me. This happened to many other folks on this board. Guys, count the lights in the car, then count the lights on hand. Add, then package, then ship to customer.
You are right, we did not count the bulbs correctly and I am sorry about that. The reason was that the test car did not have the premium package so some interior lights were not on the car. BMW changes the bulb specifications based on packages now, we were not aware as most cars come with a standard set of interior lights. The only thing we can do is make it right after realizing our mistake which I think we did. Again, you should not be the guinea pig for these products but mistakes happen and we go above and beyond to fix it.

-The Weisslicht LED footwell lights did NOT properly fit on either side. The OEM ones did, of course. I had to use tape to get the lights to stay flush. Guys, install these on 1-series cars for proper fitment. If it doesn't fit like OEM, then fix it and don't sell the product to customers.
I've had these installed on my 135 and never had a problem with gaps. With that said, if you are unhappy with the fit and finish, then contact us and send it back for a refund. We don't want you stuck with a product you don't like. We test each product and coming from an enthusiast background, understand that perfect fit and finish is a must. We strive to offer this but some aftermarket products vary in quality so if we do run into this problem, we pull it and revise. It is hard for us to do this without it being brought to our attention but having done several local installs and running this product on our own car, I haven't see an issue with it.

-Orders were piecemeal, e.g. one LED turn signal would come in, then a few days later the other one would arrive. Guys, fix your ordering system online, or wait until whole systems/components can be shipped out. What good is one LED light to me?
While we do have a 2700 SQFT warehouse in Santa Clara, CA, we cannot stock each and every product. Some products do get sent direct from our supplier and we cover the additional shipping charge to send your order "piece meal" so that you receive the products quicker.

If you would rather us hold the entire order for a week to collect it and send it in one shipment, that's not a problem. However, it's been our experience that customers would prefer to receive at least part of the order sooner so we get what we can out first and rely on our suppliers to send the rest of the order direct.

Again, we are happy to collect the order and send it out together but I am sure you would rather get parts of the order first rather than wait.

I should add that most major online retailers do the same including the all famous Amazon

-LED sidelenses do a rapid-fire blink every so often. The LED sidelenses were very cheaply made, there was no rubber base like the OEM ones so it wasn't as waterproof, and only one connector device was caulked with sealant. The other one was attached on like a sweatshop product. No caulk. Guys, let your customers know that these lights don't have a rubber backing. Also, proper checks and QA/QC of your equipment are in order. When you put a product in a box, look it over and make sure that all the caulking is there. Let's have some consistency here.
This is due to the vehicle's bulb out system checking the bulb with an electrical pulse. Unfortunately there is no way around this and it has occurred on just about every BMW we've installed sidemarkers LEDs on for the past 7 years. The car sends an electrical pulse to the socket to check if the bulb is there which is not enough to illuminate a halogen but is enough to flash an LED. It happens on start up only and IMO is not a huge deal but if it's bothersome, send them back for a refund.

-LED turn signals rapidly blink every so often. I installed the error canceling modules, which work, but the damn things do this crazy blink like they're having seizures. What's this all about?
Same issue as above. Send them back if it's annoying, Solaris bulbs don't do this if you need a substitute.

-I ordered 4300k HID with my Depos and I'm rather certain I got 6000k. Can anyone else tell from looking at my pictures??? I don't see yellow hue, I see a purple/bluish hue when I look at my lights. If I do have 6000k, that means my order was (not surprisingly) messed up.
We check the shipment via part numbers to ensure that the proper color temperature is sent out. If you feel you have received one in error, let us know and we can check. Do understand that 4300k bulbs, and any xenon bulb for that matter, does appear very blue/purple when first started. They will warm into the correct color temperature over the course of 5-10 minutes.

I know there are other posts on the board about the quality of Jlevi products, so you can go from there.

Their webpage is always being 'updated' -- like the issue with the error cancelers. These things are VITAL and CRITICAL to the Depo system with HID!!!!!!!! I say this because I took the modules off and my lights don't work!!! They flicker!!!! They will never work without the assistance of these error canceler modules!!!! They should be offered as part of the Depos since they're a critical component!!! I'm lucky I asked questions about it, otherwise, I'd have a huge mess of a situation and more wasted time.

I'm suffering from battered wife syndrome with these guys -- except this time I cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger.

Folks, do your research before getting sucked into cheap products and obfuscated or vague descriptions. Demand pictures and ask for name brands. I'm fairly new to the aftermarket car scene -- but I know I won't trust Jlevi anymore... I'm simply fed up with them and now I will make it my goal to dissuade anyone else from buying these products. I'll use any opportunity I can because I don't want someone else ending up extremely dissatisfied like I. I was nice and understanding at first, but my tolerance level can't handle this anymore.

I'm again very sorry that you've had such a terrible experience ordering from us. I have tried to reach out and provide support for the product but understand that you paid for and expected a product to work perfectly outright. We do our best to make up for any mistake or issues with a product and pride ourselves on customer support and service.

While I don't expect you to shop with us in the future, I hope you will at least read and understand what I have said above.

Jon and I started this company over seven years ago as enthusiasts and bring that philosophy to everything we do. Alas, some orders will get mixed up and some products don't work properly. I do take great offense to being called a sweatshop. The only sweat here is the round the clock work ethic each and every one of our seven employees puts into this company.

I wish we could promise a 100% success rate but know that's not possible. Even my Apple computer, a $2500 machine, crapped out. What made me a lifetime customer is that they not only diagnosed but fixed the issue. I understand how valuable it is to find a company that stands behind their products.

We try to do the same and I feel the level of support and service we have offered thus far has done that. Complaining and disgracing our company on the forum will surely get your post count up but the only way we can help you is if you contact us.
If you got this far, I really appreciate you taking the time to read the entire post and what we have to say. I look forward to helping you get the issues resolved and have a working set of headlights.
Appreciate 0