View Single Post
      04-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Another thing that seems to happen a lot is the sway bar gets installed backwards. You might want to double check that.
I'm not sure if that's the case, but I will definitely check. I got the sway bar used from another forum member and the bushings were already mounted in place. I had a non-BMW owned place install it, but they work on many BMWs and I don't know if they'd be THAT careless, though it's possible. But the final thing is that BMW tightened everything aftermarket in my suspension to the correct torque specs, which I'm guessing would include the sway bar. I'd hope that a BMW tech would know which way it faces. Though at this point, anything could happen.

Any idea of how visible the sway bar is if I just look up underneath the car without a lift/ramps/jacks? I don't have access to any of those any more. I know there's a plastic cowl in the way, but I'm hoping I can somehow peek around it.

And thank you! Seriously, thanks so much for taking the time to at least come up with suggestions. A lot of people on here don't even bother with helping others troubleshoot these days. I really appreciate it.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0