View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I have a 2011 DCT and the transmission kinda drives me crazy. From a slow roll there is a dreadful throttle lag that makes navigating parking lots almost unbearable. The other day I was driving in rush hour traffic and tried to get out of the slow lane into the next lane and damn near almost got in a wreck because of the throttle lag. When trying to duplicate the problem I could apply full throttle for almost 3/4 of a second without any response at all. A buddy of mine was driving me around on the 4th of July and I had to explain that to him so he wasn't startled by it

But... When the car is going it's a great performer. Throttle blips are ahmazing and upshifts are very fast and strong.

I just can't get past that terrible feeling of total disconnect that is completely unavoidable whether rolling through a parking lot or stop sign. I'm currently shopping for a used 6 speed 2011/12 that I can get into. I love manual transmissions and getting this car was a but of a leap for me but I went for it and definitely regret it. The car itself is great and I couldn't see myself in any other car at this point in time.
Appreciate 0