12-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #97
ADVANT123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Helix View Post
Joe,
Are you saying that the restriction is not there? You are saying that air flows better through the picture below than through our silicone couplers?

Truth is there are probably many restrictions in the system but when we are designing a product we do so to the best of our ability. So because most of the cars are under 450 horsepower we shouldn't have made the 10 minute inconvenience for better flow capable of outperforming other companies intercooler past the 450 hp mark? Have you seen the amount of cars upgrading turbos, installing meth, and reaching that 450 horsepower threshold? What you are saying is a 10 minute inconvenience is not worth eliminating a restriction in the system (even it it were minor) and having the ability to run over 450 horsepower with the Helix Intercooler.
So based on your statement above- I'm taking it that you have done testing to prove the stock couplers won't let you run over 450 whp with the Helix Intercooler? All I'm asking for is simple data- show me any kind of dyno in which someone says "I made 500whp with a Helix intercooler but I could only make 450whp with a HPF intercooler".. If you can show me this, I'm sold on the idea- all I'm saying is that I haven't seen ANYONE run into this problem.. YET

Again- I understand your design approach and can appreciate your insight into the future of 600whp+ N54's, but for us guys who only want a 400-450 whp car, the convenience of not having to remove the stock couplers is nice (oh, and not having to hack 2-3" of plastic material off your car like the HPF intercooler does) is nice...

Thanks for your comments and sharing Helix's point of view.

Regards,
Joe
2015 Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0