View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1508
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
Thanks for the offer Greg! I'll probably pass for now... I hadn't mentioned this before but I have adopted the practice of not adding any more BMW logos to the car. Sunscreen, floor mats, and license plate frame are all sans BMW logos. I might break down and get a BMWCCA license plate frame... i'm not super pleased with the plain black SS one I got from Bavarian Autosport.

Today was the first real experience driving on rainy roads with the Michelin PSSs... I am very impressed with their traction in the wet! Next purchase is probably going to be winter tires/wheels... perhaps a square setup with 17" Sport Edition SE16 wheels with Michelin Xi3 205/50R17s...
No worries, as I'm with you on many accounts, though I'm even more against adding more M's (valve stems, license plate frame, 1M floormats) since it's not really an M car. I considered getting the license plate frame that said Ultimate Driving Machine since that seemed somewhat less douchey and redundant than the BMW one, but will probably just keep the dealer one, though it does appear to cut off several parts of the plate. I can't justify spending the $70 or so IND is offering for color-matched painted frames, though one in mineral grey would be interesting to see.

You can get another set of the stock valve caps I think for literally a couple of dollars online or at the dealer, or I could probably just mail you mine once I swap 'em, since we're in a mineral grey gang. Can't have you driving stemless!
Appreciate 0