02-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #166
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
There's such a YMMV component to getting these liners replaced under warranty.
I called up my SA to inquire and he "found the service bulletin" ... I was surprised at the lack of hassle. WELL when I picked up the car they replaced the rear portion liners (front wheel well) rather than the front liners. It took a lot of persistent emailing and ultimately approval from the regional rep to get the fronts under warranty.
It might be due to a naming issue that I've noticed in getbmwparts (Tischer) web site as well: when you go by category and select "fender liners" you end up with the rear part of the fender liner in the front wheel well; in that particular BMW dealer's site the correct parts (that we have the part numbers thanks to this thread) are named as "cover, wheel housing" and you can't even find them under overall fender topic, despite the fact that they are visible in the diagram of fender components.

Maybe it was the same issue you've encountered.

By the way, anyone knows what I asked in my previous post? Shall I order just these two pieces or some related hardware as well?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0