View Single Post
      06-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #296
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

I think the wait sometimes drives us all crazy. Scott has told us tons about the car and all of the logical engineering is being used. People that think this is a cheap way to make the 1M/M1 might not be considering the big picture, IMO.

The M3 is internationally renowned as one of the best handling street cars, period. When CD tested it against the Nissan GT-R and Porsche Turbo they said "all other car makers should stop what they are making and just make M3s" The M3 won the test.

This car will have an M3 adapted suspension, we have all seen the pieces and know M will tune spring rates, dampers, and sway bars to the application. This means that it will be basically one of the worlds greatest handling road cars with a shorter wheel base and less weight. What's not to love? It even gets rid on the lower torque V8 that is better on a track than out in the real world.

All of these pieces are being coordinated by M. I have to pinch myself sometimes to believe we are getting this car. I would prefer this car over a M3 or M anything. I can now afford almost any car and this is the one I want. (for a lot of reasons, like it should be available with a glass sunroof option and others). So my decesion is almost price independant. I know all will not agree, especially the track guys, but the chassis on this car will be awesome and considering the engine is the basis of the next M3 it should be very good too.
Appreciate 0