04-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
griz31
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330xi

Porsche Atlanta - The 1M is GOOD

Hey All,

This past weekend I took a trip to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. I wrote a little bit about it and posted some pics here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...4#post21580594

I will start by saying I have zero previous track experience, and have yet to push the 1M to its true limits.

I got a chance to drive the 991.2 C2S and the Cayman GT4. These are truly phenomenal vehicles and extremely competent track weapons. I enjoyed the entire experience for what it was, and would happily own one. But what surprised me the most was how it stacked up to the 1M, at least to me.

I think as an enthusiast, I get caught up in all the articles and praise vehicles receive. This was never more apparent to me than with the Fiesta ST. Every article I read raved about how good this car was for the money. Sometimes its hard to put this in perspective and you get caught up in the hype. After the test drive, I was brought back to reality.

I sometimes feel the same way about Porsche. It is on a pedestal in my mind and I don't have any perspective on it. After getting a little more seat time in Porsches, I can confirm they are awesome machines, but maybe not on the pedestal I once had. I certainly still aspire to own one someday, but I didn't leave feeling I had to do that right away. Even more so, it gave me a new appreciation for how good the 1M really is and how much more there is left to explore in it.

Again, I'm comparing track driving to street driving and the fact that I spend 99% of my driving time on the street and have virtually no track experience. Take it for what its worth!

In the end, I left knowing two things:
1. I will own a Porsche someday
2. HOLY SH*T is the 1M an amazing car

BMW CCA Member -- NCC Chapter
Appreciate 2
8081M40.50
1M Tex240.00