View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Jet Black paint will show the swirls and scratches more than others. But since all the colors are clear-coated, the paint can't be "soft" - it's not the paint, it's the clear coat. The black just shows it more.
This past weekend I broke in my new Griot's Garage Dual Action (DA) polisher. Autogeek.com has a deal where you got the polisher and 6 pads: http://www.autogeek.net/griots-rando...-polisher.html - no sales tax, and free shipping.

I washed and clayed the car, and then used the yellow pad with a Meguiar's cutting polish, then the Orange pad with Meguiar's SwirlX, then the black pad with Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. The whole process took about 4 hours - it would have been 2 days if by hand.
When I was doing the first pass (yellow pad), the car looked like it had a white haze - wasn't really even shiny, and I was worried that I had ruined it. But the second pass (orange pad) brought it back, and the wax made it pop. I've never had to do this on a car before, but the results are incredible.

Last edited by bbbbmw; 12-21-2012 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0