View Single Post
      05-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #48
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-manuk View Post
My Evolve map and Forge IC are working very well together. Car feels it has more lungs, revs a little more freely and definately holds boost more consistently. It is a great combination!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
The OEM core is 510w x 130h x 110d where the Forge core is 530h x 150w x 130d giving 20% more surface area and 41% more volume than stock. The core is of bar and plate construction, with aluminium end tanks compared. Size is not what a cooler is all about but efficiency and airflow of the core and end tanks in the design, and nor is a cooler used on its own to create 'big peak power', it forms part of an overall performance package allowing you to run increased boost over stock and assisting in keeping IT temps at bay. Quality not quantity!

Mine ran (oem software) 15 deg C cooler on the dyno with limited airflow compared with the oem cooler. On the road that would increase somewhat.
Exactly what I was looking for... numbers!! Thanks for taking the time to write that up. I know you need complimentary pieces for a package, just trying to decide which FMIC to include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MbmC View Post
Just had my Forge FMIC installed today And then a dyno run right after the install. My dyno numbers look lower than I'd expect, but there was a gain of 35bhp and about 25Nm at the crank. The car definitely feels more powerful, and boost is more consistennt. I also have JB4 on Map 6, Akrapovic slip-on and N55 midpipes. Have been monitoring IATs on JB4 hijacking the oil temp gauge, IATs have dropped 15C, consistent with what Aussie found. The air temps are about 34C where I live right now!
Im going with almost the exact set up thanks for the info
Appreciate 0