Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
The most we have seen on our dyno with the N54 and RB turbos is 362kw @ 20psi
our goal is around 400+kw @16psi
I dont care how much power they make in the US with there Dynojet dynos,
I have a Dynodynamics dyno it is a lot harder to make the numbers with the Aussie dynos.
The turbo that we are using is the Garrett GTX3582R for the high response kit. Using the stock engine.

The big power kit will come much later but will include a engine rebuild and the OS twin plate clutch but you would be up for $40,000 +

We will not sell any parts from our kits unless it is to replace a broken component Sorry.
that's true, it was in fact on a DJ, but still, it was with somewhat different modifications, on stock intake piping.. and it's not THAT great a difference. was also at over 22.5PSI.

cool, a GTX35* should definitely be able to make some GREAT numbers with upgraded fuelling.. 400kw+ at 16psi should be really interesting to see, i'd assume the turbo would have lots lots more in it than 16?.. near 30? i guess that's where you're holding back for the full rebuilt setup?

sucks you won't be selling kits out for DIY . was hoping for another option
.. definitely excited to see where you take the N54 though, it's a huge shame you're keeping it all in house. it's not going to be long (6 months at most) that just about everything needed for the N54 will be available from various vendors otherwise...

$40k sounds damnnn steep, but i'm sure it'll be a mighty upgrade package,, i'd hope for 800whp at least? "{
Appreciate 0