Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
I think I get the part that I want to clueing into before. That is that you can custom program the emulator for specific things. So you you only want the driver seat, you only program it to emulate the driver side airbags. If you want both seats then you also program it for occupancy sensor mat emulation, seat belt receptacle emulation, passenger seat/dash airbag emulation. Is that correct? So basically there are multiple "versions" of the emulator?
Multiple "modes" is more like it. The OC3 module can handle a single fixed-back shell with a stock 3-pt belt all the way up to a full fixed-back setup (Driver/Pass) with 5/6-pt harness setups. The OC3 module would ensure the system passes all checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
But will we lose the Passenger Dash Airbag?
Correct, since more dangerous situation would be not being buckled in and an airbag firing off. BMW offers a similar airbag switching supply for those that wish to disable the passenger airbag (as required by law). This however does not affect OC3 readings from the occupancy sensor mat or seatbelt receptacles.

The primary use of this module is in a race environment, since the error message are a bit evasive - especially in iDrive equipped vehicles.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0