View Single Post
      09-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #21
SVT2BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
hahahaha funny however that is not the case. I have an E60 M5 currently going into lemon law. Has straight pipes, CAI, pully, and quite a few other mods. Have blown 3 trans, 3 DSCs, and one clutch. This is all in less that 16k miles.

By the time the clutch went out they called it "abuse" saying I was abusing the clutch. They tried to stick me with 5k to replace it. I then pointed out that it is SMG. How can I abuse a clutch that I don't even engage? Then I got the "well let me talk to my manager" then all the sudden it was covered and I had nothing to worry about.

Another thing people don't realize is BMW dealers WANT to replace parts. They do not pay for this. They are paid by BMWNA for the warranty work they do. However they have to regulate it depending on the amount of claims they put in. This is why the busy dealers are more picky than the slower dealers. Which is why I purchase my car at One dealer and service it at another. :wink:

Wow I guess the E60's really do have issues. A guy at my gym had to lemon his for the same reason. Makes you wonder just how German these cars really are now.lol.
Appreciate 0