the1andonly
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 128i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
^^^ Great posts, all.

I really did appreciate your responses.

To prove your posts did not go in vain, here is my preliminary order for December, subject to change at the last minute, lol:

-2013 BMW 128i
-White Exterior
-Beige Interior (love Terracotta, but I have two sports cars & I want to keep the options/cost limited, b/c this will be my inclement weather automobile)
-Auto (Wife can't drive manual, and I want her to enjoy the little Bimmer too - Moreover, my wife lets me enjoy my toys, so this is my way of showing my appreciation for my wife not giving me any backlash/headache for my passion for cars & motorcycles). Happy Wife/Happy Life, lol.
-Heated Seats ("must have" inasmuch that this will be my DD & winter beater - For snow conditions, the SAV is the vehicle of choice)
-Heated Steering Wheel ("must have"- the wife loves the heated seat/heated steering wheel options on her SAV)
-Sport Seats ("must have" if I don't order the Sport Pkg. This stand alone option is inexpensive at $400 dollars)

On the Fence, still:

-Moonroof (the wife would appreciate it. I've only used the moonroof on my Scion, once! I could live w/o it...)
-Sport Pkg (Inasmuch that I already own two sports cars, I don't think I would miss this pkg; however, who am I kidding. It's why I own two toys... The spontaneous side of me says I want it, but the practical side of me says I should save the $1500 dollars, and just get the sport seats at $400 dollars...)
In all honesty, if it were not for those fugly Sport Pkg wheels, I'd be all over the Sport Pkg. I just despise those multi spoke sport wheels.
I'm not really into adding aftermarket wheels if I like the standard wheels, and the standard wheels are pretty sharp, not to mention easy to clean, lol...

That's how I view it. I think the HK stereo is out. I gotta tell ya, I have the top end stereo in my wife's SAV, and I'm not that impressed with it...

Your comments/opinions were valuable b/c my dealer rarely carries a nice mix of 1 series vehicles to cross shop...

Tks all/Cheers

BB
I understand the wife situation, but just be aware you are getting essentially a 100% totally different driving experience and car choosing auto over manual in the 128i. In manual form its been said to be the most pure and engaging BMW driving experience in the entire lineup. If you don't believe me take a test drive of both. good luck on whatever you decide!
Appreciate 0