View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
cvandenhaute
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i, '19 Genesis G70

Why so much more?

My current 128i is financed through an "Owners Choice" or whatever they call it program, which is similar to a lease but the car is under my name (so if I purchase it at the end of the lease I do not have to pay taxes in some states since I am already the legal owner). I am 6 months away from the end of the lease and I am getting phone calls from my dealership to propose to discuss options. The truth is that there is absolutely no cars on the market in my price range that I currently care about so my only choices at this point is either to refinance my current car (only 22,000 miles and looks absolutely new, never had any issues with it) or go for the exact same one (would maybe change the color so that I actually have the feeling owning a new car). Configuring the same exact car than the one I have (except for M-sport instead of "Sport since they no longer offer the latter) I am now close to $5.000 above what I had mine in 2010 (2011 model), basically 3500 above for the difference with metal color (mine is white, I want carbon black for my next one) and the difference between M-sport and sport.

Why this difference???? Are they running any special (other than the $750 loyalty) that significantly drop the price? Should I even bother to try to negotiate a new one ? I don't feel like paying more than $100/months for the SAME car (especially on its last or almost model year)