03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #41
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
+1 on this. In addition, there was also a question about the change in ground clearence with the diffusor + ground effect installed. A reply to that one will also be appreciated.

How about the installation of the rear diffusor, needs any mods, new bolts etc?

Can you PM me with the price for just the rear diffusor without the ground effect for Chile (Santiago) please? Since I asked CRT style rear spoiler from Nate in another thread, can be one PM with both pricings if you prefer.
I was told that the rear diffuser with the fins cannot be purchased without the ground effects panel. According to Revo's website, the MSRP for the two-piece set is $1,390. Revo does offer an OEM style carbon fiber rear diffuser (that is much cheaper than the two-piece kit - $780 MSRP) but that version does not have fins. It is essentially a copy of the OEM diffuser but in carbon fiber. I haven't seen any pics of the OEM-style piece though.

So basically to get the fins you have to pay $610 extra for the complete set with the ground effect panel. If Revo sold the finned diffuser without the panel for less then I would be all over it, but I personally can't justify paying extra for a high quality carbon fiber piece that will be hidden from view under the car and be pelted with rocks, dirt, etc.

Nate, you think Revo would sell us just the finned diffuser (for cheaper than the two-piece kit) if we set up a group buy?
2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0