05-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLuvDriving View Post
I just test drove your car at the dealer! Too bad I didn't find your post sooner. I am seriously thinking about going back tomorrow to complete the purchase. It's the cleanest one I've seen so far and the only montego blue in AZ for sale at the moment.

I was wondering, you mentioned that you had the ESS stage 2 tune. Is it still installed? I'm a noob I can't tell by driving it. Also, are there any issues or history with the car such as the hpfp issue?
I did not remove the software when I traded the car, so unless they took it to a BMW dealer that flashed over it, it's still there, it's a night and day difference between a stock 135i at WOT.

I had one HPFP replaced at 16k miles and had the software updated, the ESS tune was based on the new version of the BMW software as well, there were no further issues with the HPFP after that and the car always functioned flawlessly for me, there is also a 10yr/120k mi warranty on the HPFP on all 2009 N54 equipped cars so it shouldn't be a concern. I had all service performed at N Scottsdale and my service advisor is Eric Rasen, they will have the full service history of the vehicle linked to the VIN. There was a recall for the injectors last year and they replaced one of them, though the car ran fine and I was unaware of the recall until I took it in for a scheduled service visit, I noticed zero difference after. I also had an issue with the A/C early last year and it was fixed under warranty and functioned perfectly since, everything else was just routine maintenance, the next thing the car will need is a brake fluid flush and microfilter change in September.

Good luck, it's a great car and I'll always miss it.
Appreciate 0