United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Red face

PICTURES FROM ICE RACING

First though, here is my story.... I showed up to Newfound Lake at 7:45 am to find a sheet of near perfect ice. So smooth and glassy.. and dangerously slippery. They must be crazy! I couldn't even make it to the staging lanes without sliding the back end!!

My first practice run... I went WICKED slow. The snowbanks are really icebanks, and I do not want to hurt my beautiful car. So I cautiously go around the practice track, sliding and turning and make it to the exit. I take a right out of the exit and..

Has anyone seen the Fast and Furous 3: Tokyo Drift where they show the 350Z like an inch away from the wall of the parking garage? Yeah.. so my 1er was the "350Z" and the "parking garage wall" was a mini Cooper.

Coming out of the exit my car decided to spin - nose turns to the right and back end swings towards the Mini's driver side door. My passengers cover their ears and block their eyes, I steal a glance and look to my side-view mirror. SO incredibly close. I was terrified. I barely missed crushing a mini with my 1.

Seeing a few cars lose bumpers and crack lips, I decide this really isn't the venue for my darling little car. I drive SLOW. lol, I get some counter-steering in, but it's all pretty slow. It was definitely an interesting experience. My car is still in one piece - unscathed.