View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Lightbulb Need Help: Opti Coat or not?

Hi guys. I was thinking to put opti coat on my car. Just for your information it is a jet black 135i coupe. I got a quote from auto shop in my area for $450 includes 2 or 3 stage polished, buffing etc and of course the opti coat itself. Does someone else try it before on their dark color car? I know for sure that it helps to clean bugs, water spot, etc easier. The detailer told me that it will last at least 3 to 4 years and he doesn't believe about the statement it will last for the lifetime of the car since it might be way more than 5 years.

Other than that, there are also some ceramic coating such as cquartz and aquartz. Just let me know your experience with it since I might do ceramic coating rather than opti coat.

Really need your opinion guys, whether good or bad. Pros and cons of doing opti coat itself. Appreciate your opinions and comments.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates

Last edited by CL 19; 10-16-2012 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0