1Addict, and Proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 modified 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Lightbulb the untouchable projekt: widebody 135i

Featured on 1ADDICTS HOMEPAGE

This is the thread of the completed widebody 135i and professional photoshoot done by IND Distribution

The 135i is by far an amazing machine. But with all the power it offers one thing I didn't like was being unable to have traction. So during the winter months I had in mind only one goal. To go wide or go home. I contacted a few local people and I got in touch with kieron a kjohn car inovations to find someone and create a plan on how we would build this widebody. Most of you know that before the meth and the 3 inch downpipes, midpipes and exhaust. I had dyno’ed 427 tq and 421 hp. I wanted to be able to put that power down on the ground instead of sliding all over the place. Even though stock you can run a 255 in the rear it just wasn’t wide enough for me. I wanted to go to at least a 275 or 285 and from a 225 to a 245 in the front. This is when we started the untouchable project.

Our original goal was to use a set of DPE s10's from my brothers 328xi and run a 25mm spacer and build the mold around that. But having partly starting the mold, my brother found a buyer for the rims, and the rims had to go. So I contacted DPE to see if they could help me with finding out the offset that was from those rims so we could see what we needed to find to continue the build. Unfortunately DPE doesn't release offsets to the public. So it made things complicated. And we got stuck with this project. Now the only thing I could think of was to find someone who had similar rims, that's when I remembered john (from e90post) had a similar size rim, but he knew the offsets for his rim. By using those we were not only able to finish the mold but determine what offset I would be able to run.

That's when I got in contact with adv1 and spoke to them about designing a set of wheels for my car, I explain to them the project and they were interested in helping complete it. I wanted something with a concave and thats why they suggested the similar style as to what they used on the Ferrari F430. The rear would be max concave. The lip was done black sapphire metallic to match the color of my car.

While we had accomplished what rims and offset we were going to use. It was time to add the finishing touches before going to paint. The 135i was widened approx 2.5” inches in the rear. Fenders both front and rear were rolled and I am able to fit any e9x M3 offset on this car without having any issues. It took a few months for the rims to get here but it was worth the wait because the rims looked amazing. I can’t describe to you how astonished I was with the way the rims turned out, because didn’t know what to expect till they got to me. I was also happy that I ordered them in a 35 offset because even then in order to get it to sit flush in the rear I just had to run a 12 mm spacer. The front fit perfect. Decided to go with NITTO INVO tires 245 35 19 and 275 30 19 since I was able to pick up a set for a good price and I had to make sure the ride of the car would be okay in terms of any rubbing issues etc. Only thing needed to be done when the rims went on was adjust the ride height to cater for the rim size and do -3 camber in the rear.
I figured in order to make this worthwhile, if i came all this way i might as well get the QUAIFE LSD, since that was also what makes a difference in the way the car performs. so i contacted the guys a BERK technology and purchased it through them. The LSD does make a difference with this car, its what the car really should have came stock with.
Originally I had purchased the active autowerke exhaust and an Icarbon diffuser but I felt like it didn’t complete the car. Like something was missing. So while browsing through the internet I came across hartge quad exhaust and it came to mind that that was want was needed to give it that finishing touch. Meanwhile my brothers (ARA5HE90) car was in the states at IND getting all his parts installed, so I gave them a call to see if they could get a hold of the exhaust for me as well as the diffuser and midpipes. They were able to find it and got it shipped to them quickly so it would be there by the time we departed from here (Toronto) to pick up my brothers car. I also ordered myself a set of agency power midpipes since I figured that with the quad exhaust being a little quiet, the midpipes would give it that growl. The diffuser was painted matte black to blend with the rims and stand out from the body color. The fitment was perfect and it was absolutely stunning how it completed the car. Im loving every minute I sit in my car, the exhaust note is beautiful. In a way it reminds me of my BMW performance exhaust but a much meaner note. Some will wonder why I drove 2000km just to get an exhaust like that, but all I can say is it was worth every km to drive there for it. Not only were the guys at IND great but the work that they have done on cars is stunning. Like its jaw dropping when you see all the projects they worked on. I’m happy I got the opportunity of having them install my exhaust.

I appreciate everyone who had a hand in making this project possible. Because it would have been impossible to complete it if you guys weren’t there.

engine mods
afe dual cone intake
hks blow off valve
active autowerke intercooler
active autowerke tune
active autowerke meth kit
active autowerke 3 inch downpipes
agency power midpipes
hartge exhaust
riss racing oil catch can
riss racing o2 sims
riss racing clutch delay valve
bmw performance short shift kit

cosmetic mods:
carbon fiber engine cover
OEM bmw carbon fiber interior
ADV1 7 3 piece forged rims 19 x 8.5 and 19x10 matte black centers with a sapphire black lip
custom powdercoated ferrari yellow calipers with custom made BMW performance decals. (decals done by one of the members on bimmerpost)
yellow angel eyes
OEM euro headlights
reiger eyelids
defi boost gauge oil pressure and water temp gauges
carbon fiber wrap gauge pod
defi link
aem wideband air fuel ratio
bmw carbon fiber emblems
bmw performance steering wheel

suspension + brakes
bilstein pss10 full coilover
h&r sways front and rear
JIC cross Carbon Fiber Strut Bar
BMW Performance Front Rotors
Quaife lsd 3.46 ratio

soon to come:
vorshlag camber plates
velocity control arms

enjoy the pictures

Name:  widebody1a.jpg
Views: 28917
Size:  791.9 KB

Name:  widebody1b.jpg
Views: 22357
Size:  485.8 KB

Name:  widebody1c.jpg
Views: 24775
Size:  962.1 KB

Name:  widebody1d.jpg
Views: 21963
Size:  634.5 KB

Name:  widebody1e.jpg
Views: 24123
Size:  733.5 KB

Name:  widebody1f.jpg
Views: 26676
Size:  877.5 KB

Name:  widebody1g.jpg
Views: 22223
Size:  716.4 KB

Name:  widebody1h.jpg
Views: 41200
Size:  886.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6190.JPG
Views: 20894
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6191.JPG
Views: 20048
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6192.JPG
Views: 20125
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6197.JPG
Views: 20471
Size:  78.6 KB

Special thanks to
IND Distribution

Kieron from Kjohn Car Innovations

Miguel from ADV1

Will from Auto Select Tuning

Mike from Eddystone auto collision

ARA5HE90 *the Silver Ghost*

John *Asclepius*
the new look: Widebody 135i
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...98#post7686798

Last edited by untouchableE82; 07-20-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0