Sunroof
Xeon adaptive headlights

$20,226 OTD - after trade

2012 128i Couple - 11K miles - NON CPO
M-Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Xeon adaptive headlights

$15,463 OTD - after trade

There's still some wiggle room in each of these. I'm leaning towards the 128i because:
1. Newer
2. Longer full warranty and maintenance remaining
3. Reliability of the N54. Not sure if this is real or perceived in my mind, but based on what I've read here and other places
4. Price

The 135i has much more equipment. I think of all the 128i is missing it's the auto-dimming mirrors that I'll miss the most. I don't have nav today so I won't miss that. I hate how the bluetooth is implemented in my car so I don't use it and I never use the sunroof.

Thoughts/opinions?

TIA

Go with the 135i. The price is very good considering the low miles, its CPO, has more options, and the motor is an absolute blast. Not knocking the NA 6 the 128 comes with, excellent motor that makes for fun spirited driving, but going fast is freaking fun (the n54 is a damn rocket), and if that sounds like you, go for it. You may not want the extra options, but you'll grow to like them. I went from a base Civic LX to my 135, and I was in the same position. I didn't like or need or want the options. But now I cant imagine not having a sunroof, etc.

Speaking of wiggle room, beat them down abit on the price of the 135i. Use the years as leverage. You should be able to get at least another $1-2k off the price.

(Btw, N54 is the twin turbo in the 135i. You're thinking of the *N52 in the 128, iirc.)

*Thanks Neon for the correction :]

Last edited by Ammonia; 11-08-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0