View Single Post
      09-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
You're not factoring in the delay that occurs to get the car moving from a standstill while slipping the clutch are you? Ie are you talking about slow acceleration after the clutch is engaged or including before the clutch is engaged? You have to slip the clutch quite a bit with moderate to heavy throttle input to get pushed back into the seat of the car. Even when doing that there is a delay from the time you release the clutch to the engagement point and add throttle to the time the car moves and I believe that is due to the clutch delay valve. If you don't launch the car properly from the get go I find hammering it while moving in 1st gear to feel a little less peppy.

Until I learned how to launch the 128i properly I thought it was a bit slow off the line but proper technique makes a huge difference. 1st gear finds the redline so quick its hard to sense if there is any real difference in pull between 5,000 and 7,000 rpm in my opinion so it is really crucial to launch quickly from a standstill as opposed to later when the car is moving. Also try with DTC or DSC/DTC completely off to see if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0