View Single Post
      04-21-2018, 01:45 AM   #70
figure99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 - ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
The VIP event last night was INCREDIBLE! If you're lucky enough to get invited, do NOT pass it up!

We were able to take every car they had out on the street and here's what we had to choose from: G30 M5, M6 Gran Coupe, M2, M3 Comp, M4 Comp w/ M Performance parts, m760i V12, i8, Alpina B6, Alpina B7, X5M, X6M, m550i, and quite a few others. While it was rush hour, there's a pre-defined route you're SUPPOSED to take . But I managed to find a few empty roads to really test the cars.

We also did drag races in the G30 M5 which is WAY more fun than the i3 we did on Sat at the regular UDE event. Also did autocross with M3/M4 which was a lot of fun since you can go HARD. Ended the night with a culinary tasting with a celebrity chef (includes beer, wine).

You can check out our Facebook page to see the pics (link below), but it was definitely a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drj161 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drj161 View Post
Hmm. Acceleration lane? Did they have those before? That sounds interesting. Will they really let us drag the m5? Did the autocross in the 540i last year. Super fun and powerful. Really forward to this. See you guys at NYC event.
There was no M5 in the acceleration lane when I went this past Saturday. It was really just a small drag strip for the i3....and yes it was as lame as it sounds

I'm headed to the VIP event tonight, so I think we get to drive the M5 there.
Cool. Drag racing electric lol. How did the autocross go? Did you use the x2? the fwd x2!! lol. That goes against everything BMW taught us last year about load transfer.

Have fun at the VIP event, let us know how it goes!
Quote:
The VIP event last night was INCREDIBLE! If you're lucky enough to get invited, do NOT pass it up!

We were able to take every car they had out on the street and here's what we had to choose from: G30 M5, M6 Gran Coupe, M2, M3 Comp, M4 Comp w/ M Performance parts, m760i V12, i8, Alpina B6, Alpina B7, X5M, X6M, m550i, and quite a few others. While it was rush hour, there's a pre-defined route you're SUPPOSED to take . But I managed to find a few empty roads to really test the cars.

We also did drag races in the G30 M5 which is WAY more fun than the i3 we did on Sat at the regular UDE event. Also did autocross with M3/M4 which was a lot of fun since you can go HARD. Ended the night with a culinary tasting with a celebrity chef (includes beer, wine).

You can check out our Facebook page to see the pics (link below), but it was definitely a good time.
Can I ask how did the invites work for the VIP event?
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” -Mario Andretti
Appreciate 0