Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
I work in the industry.

Yes. This is called net metering. During the day when you are at work and the AC is not on, your meter will turn backwards as power flows to the grid (the array produces more power than you consume). At night your meter will begin to roll forward again as you consume power from the grid.
Yes don't forget to mention that the power companies don't exactly buy power back at the same rate they sell it to you for. Especially where there is multiple tier pricing(kinda like stick it to the rich who use a lot of powah and charge them 4 time as much per kWh in the highest tier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Here in "Green" NYC, we pay around 22/23 cents p/KWH.

At that price, electric cars s u ck.

Mayor Green-berg, Inc. says we should ride bicycles.
You clearly don't know what the hell you are talking about. Even at 22cents/kWh that is still waaaaaaay less than it would cost to operate a 128 with petrol. About 1/5th the cost!

"BMW says that the Active should use about 22 kWh per 100 miles. Electricity costs vary, but a typical 10,000-mile driving year should cost about $325 for electricity in the states where the ActiveE is offered. That compares with about $1500 per year for gasoline for a 128i. "