blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
I would get an E46 for a track car. there are a few fatal flaws with our 135 platform as a track car. narrow and a short track with a high center of gravity plus not so light weight despite the smaller package. I mean I love my 135 as a dual purpose car but if I wanted to do a dedicated track car it would be an E36 or E46. the engine and mostly the turbos are the best part about our cars. the torque is very addictive but it does come at a cost on the track. our cars run out of gas around 6k on the dial whereas the S engine is meant to be revved much higher. plus the M car already has upgraded components whereas with our cars you pretty much have to upgrade all the arms and bushings not to mention an LSD or lack thereof. so if you were looking for something as a dedicated track car, I would look elsewhere other than if you just want to do it for the hell of it and if so then go big with the mods. that'll be the only way to do it imo
+1 might even go with a e36 over both for pure track car, but for everyday car with dual purpose then both are good.

btw a e36 m3 just won stx national championship at scca and an e36 325 won stu national championship, so both can be very good track cars.
Appreciate 0