View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #236
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
It is most certainly NOT a placebo! That "thing" in my hand is the restrictor from the CDV.
Of course I realize that. It just looks like a pill and taking it (out) seems to make a lot of people feel better, even though many have no idea what it actually does. What it does is remove a "restriction" and that has to be a good thing, right?

If one were to attempt to learn English as a second language from this forum, one would conclude that the word "performance" when attached to a modification meant "change for the sake of change". That is not a bad thing, because if that were not so this forum would be long cold and there wouldn't be a fraternity tinkering with their cars for the joy of tinkering.

I have to say that I miss the passing of Larryn from this forum. He provided a lot of wisdom and he was motivated by actual performance, tested at the track and at the autoslalom. With respect to this mod though, I suspect it is better only because it is different.

Question: with the CDV installed how fast does one need to release the clutch before the slave cylinder can't track the pedal movement any more?

Arthur1920 is saying "the king has no clothes". He is wrong about hill hold though - greatest thing since sliced bread!

Great thing about this forum - we get to disagree about things.

Of course I will agree that your version of the CDV delete is the best. If I get bored and decide to try it, I will do it your way.
Appreciate 0