View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #154
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Do you think this means I could run slightly more aggressive offsets if I wanted to? The scrubbing isn't bad but it's definitely there.

I'll check my alignment sheet and post the results soon. I'm taking the car back in later this week to get it checked out again. The steering wheel is slightly off-centre to the left. The guy mentioned it when I collected my car and said I could bring it back any time if I wasn't satisfied. I want to take it back so it's perfect. From memory the fronts are dialled in at -1.5, or as close as he could get to that. The car hooks corners easily, but my setup was already very good before getting these bits installed. Also, my car steering wheel seems to vibrate going above 110km/hr (68mph). It's not bad, just seem to notice it's there. The workshop says this may be because the wheels need balancing and they are unable to test it due to it occurring at high speeds. Could possibly be due to my Performance rotors having hair-line cracks in them, pads are new though.
I think you have to find out what's rubbing before anybody can make that call. It does appear as though mine with stock suspension could run et40s and maybe even 35 or 30. Might even be preferable given how close the tire/wheel is to the strut.

No fibration issues here and I've done a few onramp logs doing 30-110-70 in pretty short distances.

My setup has been getting progressively better with each upgrade. While the E93 FSB helped level things out a bit, I'd say this was a bigger improvement. Whether or not the same could be achieved by dialing in the negative camber with the stock arms (if you can go that negative), I don't know as I never tried. Pretty cheap upgrade though if DIY'd.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0