View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
Newlyblond
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Jet Black

Continental DWS Installed

I want to thank you all for your suggestions. I went with the Continental DWS and just came from The Tire Choice who matched the Tire Rack price for them. I've got to say, just on the short ride home, I feel a tremendous difference. The ride is so much smoother and quieter. I'm really happy that I did this. Michelins would have been nice, but a little out of my price range when I had to buy four of them at once.

Of course, my low inflation sensor is now lit, because I forgot to specifically warn them about the sensors (I thought it was something they would know about). No biggie - I'll just turn it off. I'm not sure how much value the sensor has with the non run-flats, anyway, although I'll ask the dealer when I bring the car in for its routine warranty maintenance in two weeks. The dealer cautioned me NOT to let Tire Choice do a wheel alignment as it could void my warranty, so I just had them mount and balance, and I did decide to go for the nitrogen again, as they only charged $39.99 for all four tires, so what the heck.

Again, thank you all for your input!
Appreciate 0