01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
HAVE YOU SEEN the shape of the standard downpipes??
each to there own on the noise the de cats make (similar to a e46 m3 turbo imho) but the standard dp's are full of angles which = restriction,
with a suitable re map the performance gains are bound to be greater than swapping any other part of the exhaust?
Of course I have seen them, I like to be under the car whenever I can and yes they bend and so but if I would choose between changing them and mid pipes I would still change the mids instead and that's what I did exactly and am very happy with the result. I don't care if I would make 10 whp instead of 7 or 8, but that's just me. Counting ponies is not everything for me.

Mid change fixes the drone best, gives better flow and response (OK dps do that too) and it's relatively cheaper vs changing dps. Plus it also adds some hp/tq despite marginally less so than dps. It also doesn't cause any code/ECU issues. Thus, my vote is for the mids unless as I said in my previous post someone needs to change whole system that I understand better. I am not saying stock dps are perfect, I said opposite already in my first post, they are not, but every choice has its plus and minus and its own cost to be considered carefully.

In my case I don't want a car without any cats and too loud all the time so I kept the stock dps. If I would want max power and max noise I would change the dps too and justify myself the cost and certain issues that come as a result of my choice. Now I am very satisfied with the actual result and I have zero issues to live with.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0