View Single Post
      07-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

well that confirms it wasn't just us like we were told!!

squeaks rattles and worse - though the sqweaks and rattles were sorted by:
- removing the loose (rolling arround) screws from the handbrake tunnel!!
- fitting a new dash withhout botched plastic welding
- being such a persistent pain in the arse that they changed all the pannel clips for padded BMW ones!

But the big problems were clutch, flywheel, hydraulic rods, tappets, timing gears, oxygen meters, fuel pump leak, turbo failure- basicaly half a new engine and it still didn't work! sounded more like a diesel than the 123d and the power loss was horrendus from the turbo still being faulty.. it HAD to go after just 18 months. Shame as it was out second mini - had an 03 cooper and loved that, never had a problem.

I got on at BMW and Mini customer services and got a pretty hefty rebate on the mini, discount on the BMW and extra allocation car so I didn't have to wait. BMW dealer was great throughout as i was an extra car to them.

We were both a little dubious about wether the car would be as fun... althogh it's early days I can safley say that is not a worry. Somehow it feels better balanced than the mini, and (since its been wet all week) i've found it lovely not to have to scrabble for grip that the mini had

Bike rack comes on monday so will pic that too at some point.

The last weeks the worst isn't it!... I hate having to wait, esp when you know its already here and just sat in some storage depot awaiting transport.
Appreciate 0