View Single Post
      07-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #58
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Without resorting to vulgar response. It is kind of the opinion we wanted with the 1M , Knowing so well about the feedback across 1er and M enthusiast forums and of course 1 Addicts , we had to make our response personal, we wanted to talk to you as well as letting the car talk to you which is more or less the general rule of marketing. We had to share our excitement with you.

This is Pure BMW M. Not Truth in immitation.

Through the 1M forums here it has become more or less more personal although I have done my best to amp up your anticipation for such a car but unfortunately not reveal everything in relation to the car, it is the public through the internet , especially 1 addicts who have led the charge for such a car especially in such a late stage for production in which the 1M is purely a turn around cost effective project.

It was the demand and anticipation that finally suggested to the BMW board of management to go ahead with Dr Kay Segler's pet project and seal the deal.

Anyone out there Still think it is a 135iS?
Scott,

I know the time may not be here yet but to get us really excited we need numbers, facts, comparison.

Even very abstract kind works:

like x amount of aluminum components used,
hours spent on re-engineering the e81 for M,
y amount of carbon fiber,
reflex time of the new transmission,
x% lighter than 135i, etc.

figures we can chew on and discuss. Otherwise I guess we really have to take it on blind faith its going to be awesome and convo will end quite quickly
Appreciate 0