04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #105
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA View Post
Interesting read this thread and so many options. Being in the UK I am looking at options available without excessive shipping costs and custom and excise duty on any import.

So to negate these costs, I am going to go to a very reputable UK exhaust manufacturer called Hayward & Scott. They have produced quality items for a few of my Subaru Impreza's many years ago and Shane (Aussie) on this forum is using their rear back box.

Looking on their website I really like the design for the back box and will look at fitting one in the summer but I want Ian to give me 90mm tips and not rolled. Something mimicking the Vorsteiner exhaust on here.

In the meantime, I have spoken to Ian at H&S and they are going to take the car for a few days and develop a centre section without the secondary cats or silencer/resonator. I'll run this with the OEM rear box for a few months and see how that is.

Does anyone know why I shouldn't go for a non-resonated centre, does it increase the drone that is ever present with 1M's and/or does it affect performance at all? Not many exhaust options on these 5 pages have a non-resonated centre section... why?
There are people who used or still uses Supersprint's non catted and non resonated mid pipes but you need to make a long search in the Forum threads to spot who they are and what were their impressions, or luckily they may chime in.

I believe the same goes for Meisterschaft mids.

About the tip style I like the way you go since those Vorsteiner tips almost made me buy their exhaust, best imo.

Good luck and keep us updated about what you decide to do and how it ends up.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0