01-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #66
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
I have a 2013 135is. If I start hammering around the place and then come up on a stop sign or stop light and am turning right and hit the brakes pretty hard to a full or nearly full stop, it's almost guaranteed that it'll miss shifting into 1st at least once or twice. Sometimes it takes about 3-5 seconds before it'll hit 1st and actually go. Meanwhile, I'm drifting into traffic and not accelerating at all. From a stop, a lot of times it'll take a while to get going even with light throttle. Sometimes it feels like if I take DSC and DTC off, it'll be better but I haven't tested enough with that. (And what good is decent shifting and pickup speed if I am going to wind up drifting sideways into a tree?)

It also has lag from a start and doesn't like to shift into 1st a lot of times. I'll mash the downshift paddle and it'll just be completely unresponsive in terms of shifting into 1st. It'll stay in second the whole time no matter how much I hit the paddle. After a second or two, it might be like, "Oh, okay, you hit the paddle a fifth time? Yeah, I'll downshift now even though we've been in the safezone this entire time."

Shit software and transmission. The upshifts and downshifts are intoxicating when they work well but when they don't... and they frequently fail... it makes me really wish I got a manual transmission. It's not much better than a manual for stop and go. The delay is super real.
See my above comment.....
Appreciate 0