02-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
I will answer as many questions as I can.

Yellow 1 series is a 135i, they Were running a very aggressive tune that weekend. The thing was very fast.

We don't have any outside car footage sorry.

The tacho on the "idrive" screen(CID) is actually a Motec CDL3 dash, we made a plate up to fit into the hood where the CID formally was. If you see we also fitted the shift lights into the cluster hood.

The vehicle is being run in the Australian Manufactures championship. We only entered the last 2 events of the year for testing. Then regulations for this category unfortunately are very limiting so the vehicle has to retain many items we would have liked to delete. Boost is capped at .95bar. The vehicle has a new vehicle order to delete non essential control units.

We run an evolve stage 1 tune, PWR main radiator, in the left bumper opening a combined PWR oil cooler/ additional radiator(the plumbing got very creative haha), on the right side a PWR oil cooler( the additional radiators/coolers are about twice the size as the standard items and we re made the front bumper ducts to suit), KW suspension, a full spool final drive with PWR oil cooler, PWR intercooler, Akrapovic exhaust( we had to cut it up to make way for the new fuel tank... This hurt hahaha), we designed the fuel tank bladder in house to bring fuel load capacity to 100l which was a challenge, the dry brake filler is in the boot purely because of ease. I have skipped past all the other small thousand things.

The car was built and is maintained at/by Bruce Lynton BMW. It's twin is currently being built.
Impressive work!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0