View Single Post
      03-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Clear Corner Conversion possibility, maybe save some money?

I tried looking around the forums but couldn't really find anything like this, so I decided to share it. Sorry for the iPhone photos. I've had a broken 1 Series headlight sitting in my garage at my disposal for over a year now and it wasn't until last week that I wanted to figure out how we could maybe do our own homebrew clear corners. So our silly testing began.

Pried open the light with force since we could care less about the seal at this point. But once we got it opened, I was a little surprised to say the least.

As you can see, the amber is of course one solid plastic piece. Notice in the third picture above that the piece clips into the silver housing, making it easy to take out.

I'm not too keen on what it takes to produce plastic, but essentially couldn't an aftermarket company who was willing enough be able to manufacture a clear plastic piece matching these dimensions?

I'm thinking about taking it somewhere by a shop and getting their input, but I wanted to share all of this with you guys first so I could see what you all thought. Could there be a not so terrible solution instead of paying for the quality of those oem Euro lights?

I don't know too much about production and materials, but could it really be possible?

I only hope

thanks to MGallop

Last edited by Dmacc; 03-08-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0