View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #51
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
I never said it's 'his idea', I said his 'approach', which uses flat-ride. But he's one of the first to bring it to the aftermarket on the performance suspension side of things (that has become widely recognized) with his work with flat-ride Miata suspension for AutoX and track/race use.

Manufacturers using flat-ride is almost competently irreverent to this case we're talking about, that is spring rates for road racing. The 2 have very different goals in mind.
Just pointing it out that this isn't black magic. This is literally how every single car manufacturer engineers a car. How every vehicle engineering teaches the math behind the design. Obviously manufacturers are much more advanced in their analysis than basic 2d calculations as things do become dynamic as the chassis goes through its motions.

What published research can you link to about using higher front spring rates (relatively higher)? Have not been able to find much other than standardized testing like side step testing in vehicle dynamic showing that you want a higher rear rate in side step testing for what drivers call "better handling" or "responsiveness." quotes because it's a subjective topic as everyone has their own "feeling" or each setup.
Appreciate 0