01-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
I may see if I can give that a try. Not sure how torque wrench access is to the engine mount tops.

It's been a week or two and I'm still mixed on these UUC transmission mounts. I didn't get photos but I will when I try to re-seat them.

They've definitely firmed up the shift pattern, it's more consistent. However the vibration at certain times is much more than I'd like. I now get a very deep rumble through the car as I slow down to a stop, and a whine from the transmission when I let off the gas at freeway speeds.

I'm going to try and slacken off all the bolts and re-torque them, and see if that makes a difference. If not I'll give the M3 mounts a shot.
So, what's the consensus, Wolfe? Will you stick with the UCCs or go to the e90/93 or e46 M3 mounts?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0