11-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #51
Ohcrap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
perfect. this is in my near future. is this a bolt on bar? where can i buy this?
It's a fully welded-in custom cage by Piper Motorsport out of Sterling, VA. They build some incredible race cars and cages are their specialty. I wasn't quite ready for a full cage (it was painful enough to mod the car to the degree it is now!) but after a few years of beating the car up, maybe I'll have them extend it forward into full SCCA spec.

I know the car this modded isn't for everyone, and probably kills the stock purists, which I certainly understand. I for one, just always fantasized about having a totally tricked out race-car(like) car and once I got one sponsor, this whole thing just sort of snowballed into what you see here.

Luckily for me, cp-e guided the work and made sure everything was done well and that we only used the best parts available (cp-e is really great and I trust them and their products explicitly). Still tuning and testing work to be completed but so far so good. It's funny, I've always wanted to do weekend track events but never have... in fact I haven't a clue what I'm doing... now I have a car that is sooooooo far beyond my driving skills... Yes, driving schools are in my immediate future this spring (I'll be the one driving embarrassingly slow in the highly modded car), as well as auto-x, shows and cruises. In any case, I'm looking forward to actually getting to drive my car and enjoy it, soon.

Oh, and some of you may have noticed in the parts list "15mm spacers" for 18x11 rear wheels? My fault, when I ordered the wheels from Forgeline I didn't allow for bigger brakes. So, they're going back to them this weekend for rebuild so I can run with no spacers.

I'll post more info on power, the tune, the meth, cp-e's upcoming inclosed intake, etc soon. Thanks for the nice comments and I hope to see many of you at DC/Mid Atlantic events in the coming year. Meanwhile, enjoy your cars!

Steve
Appreciate 0