View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #63
bimmer ///man
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohcrap View Post
Thanks Prime! Yeah, I suppose to each his own, Its my car, I like it as do many others, and for those that don't, no worries.

And yes, sponsorships are great but no matter how early you try to get things, it all comes at the same time, at the last minute. The carbon bits for example, yes mine have some gaps but what the morons here don't realize is that mine are all the very first prototypes fresh from the mold and shoved in the crates to make the 5-week trip to Maryland by our build deadline. The clearcoat on the hood wasn't even baked thus the huge flake that occurred when we cut the hood to install one of the Aerocatch hood pins. Revo knew there were issues but we couldn't wait so we got what we got; the production pieces were fixed before I even got mine in the mail. But hey, those with low self esteem probably need to feel like an expert so if pointing out the obvious does this for them, I'm glad we could help.

The wrap issues, that, like the wheels, my fault; the installer told me the angles were too complex for a single sheet around the hood creases and front bumper and that it would be better to go ahead and use some cut pieces but it was my call to chance that it would at least last until SEMA was over... fail! My fault, not SkinzWraps, they do great work and have been satisfying highend customers for many years.

As for the ricer comment, Dshields, I assume that of all the parts on the car, the wing is what "rices" it for you. Yup not for everyone, I"m not even sure I'll keep it on for daily driving and may instead mount the Revo trunk spoiler. But I love the other cf bits and the weight savings are a nice plus. The other parts are all high end race parts so I hope, hope, hope, they meet with your approval...because I would be crushed if you, a person I don't know who is likely dating his sister and still living with his parents, aren't completely happy with each and every part I chose. In fact from now on, I'll PM you and get your opinion before we make any more car decisions. In fact I was going to move some things around in my portfolio this weekend with my broker but I'll check with you on that too. You're my new best friend... congrats.
Why are you so mad?

Yes, sponsorships are great but your car did the exact opposite of the desired outcome. Rather than bringing positive attention and drumming up sales, it made people that had been waiting quite a while, to write Revosport off. SEMA wasn't a "make it" venue but it certainly "broke it". I pointed out your car's flaws not because of a lack of self esteem but for the customers' general knowledge as many people have been interested in the developments.

While there were redeeming qualities of your car, overall it was distasteful. If the end goal was to brag about your modlist then you're winning.

Oh, BTW, I know you are running real trick race parts but you might want to reconsider who you entrust your car to. Whoever installed your $4500 dampers forgot bump stops. I run them on my Motons but I suppose bump stop delete could be another item to be added to your modlist as a weight savings.

It's a public forum, don't get so defensive. You said yourself that the quality of the prototypes was poor so don't get so bent about it when people point that out. First impressions are everything.
Appreciate 0