View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #43
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I can't put 265/35 on the front since they will rub crazy, almost won't turn. Even stock 245/35 is there, could rub. The diameter difference is like 0.5 inches between those sizes.

And worse, PSS don't come with 285/35 (or 30), not yet as far as I know. You heard anything about release of those sizes?

So, I feel like my best chances seem to be stay stock or go for 275/295 but on 30 aspect and also add camber plates. Stock wheel size may be less than ideal but likely not prohibitive, at least tire rack suggests so

Will it be possible to stay exactly equal or really close to stock ride height with the camber plates?
My bad, I meant 255 front and 275 rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p66 View Post
Neil, I'll need to go check my notes. I'm not at home at the moment. I should probably just go measure where it's at with stock wheels/tires. I think I lowered it about an inch. But don't quote me. Regardless, I have no rubbing and I could probably lower it more. I'm using a 9.5" x 18" Arc 8s with an et35 and a 10mm spacer. Not my preferred wheel et but I got the set super cheap and an adjusted et of 25 is perfect. I'm running about -3.0 camber in front and I have a lot of margin on the fender side. No reasonable margin left on the suspension side with a 275 hoosier R6. I've contemplated getting a 285 and trying it out. It might just fit. I would need a 15mm spacer.

The rears are 10.5" et 27. 295 R6's were rubbing ever so slightly on the suspension side passenger fender liner and on the gas filler tube. I added a 3mm spacer for clearance. What a mess that would have been had a rubbed a hole in the gas filler tube. Yikes.

Philip
I had 265 front and 295 rear Hoosier R6's, no issues.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=99

Last edited by HP Autosport; 01-25-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0