03-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #26
TheRuss
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
I may not have been very clear...those part numbers are for the injectors, not the coil packs. Coil packs aren't covered by any recall I'm aware of. Coil packs run about $40 from what I've seen. Injectors on the other hand, I'm not sure of their status. My car isn't under warranty and frankly I wouldn't want anyone else in there anyway. If you have to replace any of the injectors out of pocket, I got mine from Dan at United BMW online for about $125 a piece. You need to order the decouplers as well and they are like $6 or so. However, I've heard talk about them not being available because some new injectors are out. And not only that but that if you replace an injector with one of the new injectors...you have to replace all 6. I have not verified this for myself yet and I would defintiely try the SL1 first.
Cool, thanks. I'm definitely considering the SL-1, however it seems to be quite hard to find over here. The place I get my oil (online) has it, but it's like £13 a bottle, so would be alright for a one-off treatment, but not as an ongoing thing as some people use it for.

Is it totally safe though? I always thought it was a bad idea to use additives. Did you experience using it in your car with only a small amount of fuel in the tank? I'd probably do the whole bottle in 3/4 - full tank.
Appreciate 0