06-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #16
oneill3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRacer View Post
Hmmm, don't think you'll be that impressed by the 1er coupe then. For me, apart from the engine, the 135i vert and 125i coupe I've driven, and the 135i coupe I've had a ride in, felt pretty much exactly the same as the hatch. Interior is 99% identical from where the driver sits, and visually from the A pillar forward they are identical (bar front bumper).
If I enjoy driving a car then I can look past the interior stuff. Besides, it's been a couple of years so I want to have another look.

Quote:
Now understand that I'm not having a dig at you
Don't worry, I don't

Quote:
In a different topic, I don't think I've ever walked into a dealer saying I want to drive one of their cars (especially a performance car) and said I was not interested in buying it. If I wasn't interested, why on earth would you need to drive it. If I was a sales guy - even if at a prestige dealer - why allow a tyre kicker to use my time and add k's to a sought after car. You need to remember they are only human, and their natural instinct is to make their life easier by spending their time where it will have the greater $$ benefit.
I didn't actually say that I wasn't going to buy one just that I wanted to test drive one before I made a decision. That's when I started to get the attitude.

I understand that dealers must get lots of tyre kickers that waste their time but that can't be an excuse for poor service or attitude.

Quote:
...but rather suggesting a little white lie (i.e. saying you are interested, not just looking) will get you the service and test drive you are after.
I prefer to play it the other way and if anything keep them at arms length until I am confident that the salesman is someone I can deal with. Also, I guess I don't like leading people on.