11-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
People just need to have a smooth and patient right foot with electronics off. Baby steps are required and apparently have not been used by a few. Journalists/reviews aren't usually the best drivers but they are often excellent writers. This isn't a 110 hp miata. Wet road/track + torque + a lot of throttle = bad results unless you have very quick reflexes. In other words, not a beginners car.

Agreed... I have years of experience autocrossing and driving on track and I been working my way up slowly... After turning off ALL the electronics on an autocross and spinning the wheels to a 56 second run... I later turned the traction control back ON (MDM) and dropped 3 seconds to 53 seconds.. Once i had found out where I was having issues with wheelspin... my times dropped to 52 and then 51 seconds with MDM off.

I was on track at high speed track this past weekend and used the first day to learn the track with MDM on and then turned it off on day 2. With students in the car...it's easy to just hot lap with MDM on, and then turn it off when I have the car to myself. Looking forward to taking it out on my home track soon.
Appreciate 0