View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Well, regarding that second link to the M style F10 bumper... that's a fucking grand. There may be fewer options for the 1er, but you can get almost any full bumper you want for our cars for less than that.

Also, I'll tell you from experience... there is almost no 1er market. I know it seems like on the forums there are so many enthusiasts out there. I tried for a few months to start up a carbon fiber company to make 1 series parts. You can look in my history for a few of the threads on it. There was a bit of interest on here.. but after weeks of research I found that there is very little interest in the 1er aftermarket versus the 3 series aftermarket.

Even if I had decided to make a part and sold to most of the people interested on this forum, I wouldn't have even made back the thousands of dollars for the tooling equipment to manufacture it in the first place. Not many businesses are willing to even make parts for us because it is a big initial investment in the machinery to get it done, and there are so few 1 series drivers, and even fewer who aren't yuppies with no interest in the aftermarket. Then what happens when they sell 50 units and they need 450 more to just break even? They won't chance it. I didn't.. heh. Sorry guys. There's just not enough of us, and what already exists out there is enough to take market share from anything new and make it fail... Look at iCarbon. lol.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 01-26-2013 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0